An account is required to submit an abstract, or review abstract submissions for this conference. You can create an account when you click on the link below, or if you already have an SPIE account, you can sign in:
SPECKLE 2018: VII International Conference on Speckle Metrology MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION
A file of SPIE Copyright transfer to download
- The manuscript length should be at least four pages in length. The manuscript must contain all elements of a full-length technical manuscript (abstract, intro, conclusion, references, etc.)
- Single-space all text in one column, allowing extra space only between paragraphs.
- All text--including footnotes and author information--and illustrations must appear within a 6.75x8.75 in. (17.15 x 22.23 cm) area.
- If you use a U.S.-standard page (8.5 x 11 in./21.59 x 27.94 cm), set margins to .875 in. (2.22 cm) left and right, 1.0 in. (2.54 cm) top and 1.25 in. (3.17 cm) bottom.
- If you use an A4 page, set margins to 1.925 cm left and right, 2.54 cm top, and 4.94 cm bottom.
- Use Times Roman or equivalent font for all text. Use boldface or italic for emphasis only. The proper fonts (all Times Roman) for various elements are as described and shown below along with more detail on how to handle elements of your paper.
Article title is 16 pt bold. Center the paper title at the top of the page. Capitalize only the first word, proper nouns, and acronyms. Keep titles brief and descriptive. Avoid starting with articles or prepositions, e.g., "The study of … ," "On the …." Spell out acronyms unless they are widely known.
Author Names and Affiliations are 12 pt and centered. Capitalize proper nouns. Leave extra space between authors and affiliations/address. Omit titles or degrees such as Dr., Prof., Ph.D., etc. Avoid acronyms that are not internationally known.
Abstrract is on a line by itself, all capitals, centered, 11-point type and boldfaced, two lines below author affiliation(s). Start the text of the abstract on a separate line. The text is 10 pt with standard capitalization. Limit the abstract to 250 words.
Keyword list is an untitled list of up to 10 keywords of your choice in 10 pt with standard capitalization. Do not put a heading on this list of keywords. Insert it between the abstract and the body of the paper. This list will ensure that your paper is indexed appropriately.
SECTION HEADINGS are 11 pt bold capital letters throughout the words centered on separate lines. Number sections sequentially (i.e., 1, 2, 3,...).
Subsection headings are 10 pt bold with capitalization of the first letter of the first word and proper names only. Type on a separate line flush with the left margin. Number subsections according to the following example: Sec. 3.1 is the first subsection of Sec. 3; Sec. 3.2.1 is a subsection of Sec. 3.2.
Leave additional space between paragraphs. Indentation is optional.
Body text is 10 pt with standard capitalization.
Figures and tables
Figures and tables should be clear and legible but sized to make economical use of space, and must fit entirely within the manuscript image area. Similar or related figures should be of uniform size with uniform lettering. All figures should be called out in the text as well as properly labeled and captioned. Number figures sequentially using Arabic numerals, and place a numbered caption near each figure or table. Figures may be positioned within the text or at the end of the manuscript.
Figure and table captions are 9 pt with capitalization of the first letter of the first word and proper nouns only. Begin each caption with figure or table number.
Additional author information, such as email addresses and web site location should be given in a footnote. Footnotes must appear within the page image area.
Footnote text is 9 pt with capitalization of the first letter of the first word and proper nouns only.
For the first occurrence (other than for commonly used acronyms such as IR, CCD, MTF, etc.), spell out each word followed by the acronym in parentheses, e.g., liquid phase epitaxy (LPE) or Extreme Ultraviolet Explorer (EUVE).
Type all equations. Punctuate as a sentence. Type display equation numbers in Arabic numerals in parentheses flush with the right margin. Number display equations consecutively.
Type reference citations within the text as superscripts.
All acknowledgments for technical and financial support and government contract or copyright information should go in this section, which follows the text but precedes the references.
SPIE is able to display the references section of your paper in the SPIE Digital Library, complete with links to referenced journal articles, proceedings papers, and books, when available. This added feature will bring more readers to your paper and improve the usefulness of the SPIE Digital Library for all researchers.
Denote reference citations within the text of your paper by means of a superscript number. List references at the end of the paper in numerical order, and enclose the reference number in square brackets. Include the following information (as applicable).
- For a book: authors (last name first, then initials), [book title], publisher, city, page or chapter numbers (year).
 Booth, N. and Smith, A. S., [Infrared Detectors], Goodwin House Publishers, New York & Boston, 241-248 (1997).
- For a journal paper: authors (last name first, then initials), "paper title" (in quotes), journal abbreviation, volume number(issue), page numbers (year).
 Davis, A., R., Bush, C., Harvey, J. C. and Foley, M. F. , "Fresnel lenses in rear projection displays," SID Int. Symp. Digest Tech. Papers 32(1), 934-937 (2001).
- For a proceedings paper: authors (last name first, then initials), "paper title" (in quotes), proceedings volume name and/or number, page numbers (year).
 Van Derlofske, J. F., "Computer modeling of LED light pipe systems for uniform display illumination," Proc. SPIE 4445, 119-129 (2001).
Transfer of Copyright
A Statement of Transfer of Copyright must be signed and returned to SPIE for publication in the Proceedings of SPIE. The intent of this agreement is to protect the interests of both SPIE and authors/employers, and to specify reasonable rights for both parties related to publication and reuse of the material. Complete details of the agreement are outlined on the form. http://spie.org/x14109.xml
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR COPYRIGHT FORM
1. Log on to http://spie.org
2. Log into your account—navigate to your paper.
3. Click on the link ‘submit your copyright form.’
4. Click on 'Submit Copyright form" button to finish.